Physiotherapy is a health service that involves rehabilitating & maximizing the functional potential of an individual who has a disease/ dysfunction or injury.
The Physiotherapy Department at Asian Heart Institute provides fully comprehensive services to the community with its state-of-the-art equipment along with well qualified and, skilled staff.
Physiotherapy at Asian Heart Institute comprises of:
The physiotherapists work closely with members of the medical team to reduce the period of hospitalization of the patients and optimize their physical functions. The services are provided for patients admitted to the hospital who are mainly in the areas of cardio-pulmonary care. These services are rendered in the intensive care units (ICU) as well as patient rooms (wards) & OPD.
Some of these services are:
- Respiratory Physiotherapy.
- Therapeutic exercises for cardiac and non cardiac cases.
- Post-operative joint replacement rehabilitation.
- Musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
- Neurological rehabilitation.
- Electrotherapy for pain management.
- Patient Family Education and counseling.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program:
This program aims to reduce symptoms of the patients who are suffering from respiratory diseases like bronchial asthma, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders) and improve their physical fitness.
Physiotherapists work closely with the physician, intensivist and the nurse to:
- Prevent acute episode.
- Reduce hospital stay.
- Improve patient's level of fitness and endurance and gain their optimal functional independence.
This program is provided for inpatients & outpatients. Some of these services are:
- Aerosol Therapy: (Nebulization)
- Chest Therapy: which includes Postural Drainage on specially designed postural drainage couch, Ventilatory Muscle Training, Endurance and Strength Training, Pacing Techniques, Relaxation Techniques.
- Self Care Training: Help to cope up with daily living activities.
- Patient and Family Education: Patient information and counselling.