Asian Heart Institute was the 1st hospital in the country to introduce the concept of jointless anti bacterial and anti fungal flooring in the rooms to minimize the risk of infection. All the medical facilties and the rooms have been designed to give the patients home experience.
During Your Stay With Us
- Children below 12 years of age will not be allowed to visit you.
- While you are recovering in the ICU your relatives will be provided a space at the ICU Relative Waiting Area on the first floor. Only one relative with a valid 24 hours ICU Attendant pass is allowed to stay there.
- The relative will be handed the 24-hour attendant pass, visitor pass and car parking pass which he retains and hands over to the admission counter at the Time of bed transfer and at the nursing counter when the patient is discharged
- No extra passes will be issued by the hospital.
- While you are in a cathlab procedure we allow a total of 3 visitors in the first floor counseling area. Your consultant will call them once the procedure is over.
- For patients who are undergoing surgery, their relatives are requested to wait in the ground floor lobby and not on the first floor.
- The ICU relative waiting area is provided with communication facilities.
Bedding And Clothing
Bedding from outside is not allowed. Provision of bedding for your relative is made as follows:
Suite class : separate single room with a bed
Deluxe room : sofa-cum-bed
Twin sharing : divan
Common Class : On nominal charges per night
Your relatives can avail laundry service on payment. Please call housekeeping extn no: 6518
While you are in the ICU, on extra payment relatives of deluxe and suite class patients can retain the rooms, subject to availability.
Hospital room checking out time is 11:00 am. Post discharge, you may have to process a lot of papers with the insurance companies or with your own organization. It will be prudent if you complete all the formalities at the time of discharge. Your ward nurse will give you a discharge summary at the time of discharge. If you should need any additional assistance in this regard, you may please contact the ward secretary / nurse-in-charge during office hours. Please note that history once recorded cannot be changed.
Upgrading And Downgrading Of Classes
Transfer Lower Class To Higher Class
- The request of transfer is subject to the availability of rooms.
- In this case the charges for the higher class will be applicably respectively from the day of admission.
Transfer Higher Class To Lower Class
- The transfer is subject to approval from the Medical Social Work Committee.
- In this case the charges for lower class will be applicable from the day of transfer.
- No patient shall be downgraded while in ICU.
Care Team For You
While you are treated at Asian Heart Institute (AHI ), you will be looked after by a team of healthcare professionals. One of the keys to excellent results at AHI is its dedicated team approach to patient care. Kindly note that apart from the doctors and the nurses, the following team members would be meeting on an everyday basis.
- Laboratory services: For sample collection
- Physiotherapist: For your physiotherapy requirements
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: To educate you on life after cardiac procedures
- Clinical Psychologist: For psychological counseling of patients and relatives (as and when required)
- Dietician: For your nutritional requirements
- Housekeeping supervisor: To check the cleanliness of your rooms
- Food Service: To serve you food
- Customer Care Executives: To ensure your stay with us is made as pleasurable as possible
A Customer care executive is available on the Extn No.#2208/ 6953 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for all your queries during and after your stay in the hospital.
Other Useful Information
- While you are at the hospital, we have specially designed health check packages, that could be utilized by your relative / attendant. Please contact Executive Health Check Department on 1st floor for more information.
- On additional payment, option for getting a private nurse for your patient in the wards is available, on additional payment. Kindly contact the nurse in charge for the same.
- For the well being of all the patients, kindly ensure that you limit the number of visitors meeting you when you are hospitalized.
- Ambulance: You can make a request /enquiry for an ambulance at the reception/ nursing counter. You can also contact 6698 6666 for availing ambulance services.
- All charges are subject to revision without prior notice.